Application Procedure APPLICATION IS CLOSED
The application process happens fully online. Applicants have to register an account, fill in an online application form and upload the required documents before the deadline in January. It is not necessary to do everything in one session. The application form will save all inputted information, so it's possible to continue completing this form at a later date.
Your application file will consist of:
BEFORE YOU START THE ONLINE REGISTRATION PLEASE KEEP READY ON YOUR COMPUTER THE FOLLOWING FILES AND PDF SCANNINGS:
- A scan of a recent photograph.
- Three letters of recommendation.
The following procedure is used to send these recommendation letters to the FUSION-DC office:
· The applicant fills in the contact details of the person who will write the recommendation letter to the FUSION-DC office.
· NOTE that recommendation letters should be written by academics (people with advanced academic background, currently or earlier active in academic research or teaching) and cannot be written by a member of the FUSION-DC Steering Committee.
· The recommender downloads the recommendation letter template (Template here) and fills it in.
· The letters need to be sent to the FUSION-DC office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by regular mail (address information below) by the recommenders themselves, not the applicant.
· Recommenders may be contacted during the evaluation process for further information.
- Certified copies of diplomas and a translation in English ( only if the language is different from French, Spanish, German or Dutch)
- Certified copies of diploma supplements stating courses followed and scores obtained per course and a translation in English ( only if the language is different from French, Spanish, German, Swedish or Dutch)
- Certified copies of language tests scores and language certificates (max. 3 years old certificate)
without it you will not be allowed !! >> more info
A GRE test of Physics (strongly recommended, but not mandatory) >>> more info
The Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) test is a world-wide standardised test often requested from applicants to US graduate schools. It allows comparison between candidates from widely different backgrounds and less-well known universities, see http://www.ets.org/gre
- A scan of a passport of the page containing your names and passport number and valid period.
Deadline : January 10, 2016 (on-line): after this date no applications will be considered
International Doctoral College in Fusion Science and Engineering
Kathleen Van Oost
Ghent University - EA 17
Technicum Blok 4, floor 2
In January & February all applications will be evaluated.
At the end of February selection results will be communicated to all applicants, they will then receive a feedback email regarding their selection. Selection results will be published on our website at the beginning of May.
Non European students European students
|FIRST REGISTRATION CAT A.||FIRST REGISTRATION CAT B.|
|AFTER REGISTRATION ONLY (CAT A.)||AFTER REGISTRATION ONLY (CAT B.)|